The Housekeeper is responsible for the general cleanliness of the facility. The Housekeeper also works in collaboration with the nursing team to ensure cleanliness of resident rooms and areas.
REPORTS TO: Nursing Services Manager
WORK HOURS: 30 per week, 6 hour shift, and schedule may very but must have weekend availability. Plus opportunity for more hours when needed.
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Must have basic computer skills.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
4. Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
Must perform job duties in a timely and efficient manner.
Must communicate clearly, accurately, and appropriately with residents and their families, staff and volunteers.
Follow schedule of cleaning to do each day and week.
1. Cleaning the interior of the facility, which involves dusting, cleaning surfaces of counters and furniture, mopping or vacuuming floors, sanitizing sinks, toilets and countertops, emptying trash and recycling containers and organizing the area. Specific areas to be cleaned include:
a. Resident rooms
Public and common residential areas in the facility – including lobby, dining room, sitting room, resident living room, activities room, conference room, and elevator.
c. Resident tub room and shower room.
d. Administrative offices, kitchenette, and public restrooms.
e. Laundry and dirty utility rooms.
Documents tasks in the electronic charting system (QMAR)
Reports all incidents and accidents to the nurse on duty.
Works as a team member with all staff, residents, and volunteers.
5. Re-stock supplies in the bathrooms and other public areas.
6. Manage the stocking of an adequate inventory of cleaning materials and supplies for the building. Notify the facilities manager of cleaning materials and building supplies that need to be ordered.
7. Maintain and manage the upkeep and repair of cleaning equipment including vacuums, and other equipment used for cleaning.
8. Knowledge of cleaning supplies, including their cleaning capacities, germicidal capabilities, and safety risks.
9. Maintaining the Safety Data Sheets for the chemicals used in the housekeeping department per OHSA requirements.
Must be able to lift 50-75 lbs., push 21-50 lbs., carry 11-20 lbs., and pull 21-50 lbs. on an occasional basis. The job also requires occasional bending, crouching, grasping, squeezing and as well as stair climbing and repetitive use of wrists, arms, hands, and shoulders. More frequent job requirements include twisting, walking, and reaching above the shoulder.
1. Works indoors 95% of the time, outdoors 5% of the time. Exposed to weather typical of the area.
2. Safety requirements: Follow universal precautions for blood-borne pathogens, use cleaning products only as directed, and participate in fire drills.
3. Exposures: Continual: Cleaning products. Occasional: Bloodborne pathogens and body fluids.
4. Operation of equipment/tools: Use of vacuum cleaner.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
How to Apply:
For more information about this position, please call 503-234-0175. Email resume to email@example.com